Thursday, March 15, 2007

File Comparison Tool for Cisco config files

For anyone who spends a lot of time with Cisco router and switch configs - like me - and understands the importance of diff'ing (comparing) the configs in order to ensure nothing has changed before implementation, have I got the tool for you: ExamDiff by prestoSoft is a tool you won't soon be able to live without. Trust me.

I save all my "show" commands from my routers and switches and then use ExamDiff to compare them each week to see what was added, deleted or changed. The amount of time saved using ExamDiff is incalculable and the success I have had with my implementations can be credited, in part, to this wonderful tool.


2 Comments:

At 8/21/2008 07:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple and powerfull at the same time.

 
At 5/08/2010 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yes!! I use to wonder., would there be ny vi diff tool in windows
and I got ur blog during google search., thanks for the info mate., u made me save lot of time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home