Saturday, March 10, 2007

Running Windows on your Mac

When I got my Mac last year, my intentions were to put Windows on it since I could and since I didn't think I would be able to coexist without it. Well, it is almost a year later and OS X has served me just fine. Still, BECAUSE I CAN, I intend to install Windows on my Mac. I have not yet decided if I will use Boot Camp or Parallels. If I choose Boot Camp, I will wait until I upgrade to Leopard, as Boot Camp will be integrated into 10.5 (Leopard). However, I am leaning towards Parallels for the simple reason that I do not need to reboot to switch between operating systems. Further, Parallels has come a long way in a year, especially with their USB support. Also, Parallels has incorporated new features such as Coherence, which allows you to run Windows applications directly on the Mac desktop. Any comments on Boot Camp vs. Parallels are more than welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home