Saturday, January 27, 2007

Black MacBook Peeling

If you have read my other posts, you will know how strongly I recommend buying a Mac and switching to OS X. Indeed, I did and I couldn't be happier, or more productive. However, every time I pull my Mac out of its MacCase sleeve I can't help but shiver at the marks (peeling, flaking - don't really know how to describe it!) on the bottom of my MacBook. I originally suspected this was caused by the heat issues the MacBooks were known to have - and they can get hot. I no longer believe this to be the case considering all I have read about other Black MacBooks with paint peeling, flaking and chipping. I have not brought my MacBook into Apple, as the only support seems to be their Genius Bar and the thought of having to part with my MacBook right now is too much to bear.



I have been searching online for scratch removers, as that is what these marks look like. Now, I know I have been very careful with the MacBook. So, this is either peeling, flaking or the matte coating scratches easily. In any case, every product I have come across works solely for the white MacBook.



My main objective right now is to find some way - by my hand or someone else's - to remove these marks (or make them less noticeable) so that my enjoyment of my Mac begins the moment I pick it up.

2 Comments:

At 7/09/2007 05:24:00 AM, Blogger Mikko said...

I'm seeing worse actually - mine's flaking off properly, not just paint. Take a look at this:

http://www.jarvenpaa.org/mikko/2007/07/tech-macbook-flaking-literally.html

 
At 7/09/2007 04:38:00 PM, Blogger rdauman said...

Thanks for the post!

Sorry about your Macbook. I hope what happened to you is not a precursor for the rest of us! :)

I would really love to know if anyone has found any third-party solutions to these flaking issues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home