Monday, January 15, 2007

Switching to the Mac

As I mentioned in other posts, I have switched to the Mac and there just is no going back. There just really is no comparison between Windows and OS X: one works as it should, one causes nothing but stress and grief. I don't think I need to elaborate further.



Newbies to OS X will find working with a Mac a breeze to pick up and, indeed, quite an addiction. However, I would like to recommend an excellent book, which helped me when I first switched and is really a MUST HAVE book for anyone considering such a move (which really should be everyone - are you getting the message by now?).



The book is from O'Reilly (a great publisher whose Cisco titles I have recommended) and is called Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Tiger Edition by David Pogue (of the NY Times) and Adam Goldstein. This book has a place beside every Mac and, indeed, a Mac has a place on every desktop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home